CAT'S EYES

This spot is dedicated to the world and how I see it.

Friday, February 08, 2008

I AM BACK!
8 February 2008

Back in the two senses of the word: First, I have been back in the world where I feel I belong for a year now. Exactly. Mainland Europe, or whatever you like to call it. After 6 years in the UK, I returned back to my side of the pond a year ago. It was a terribly hard decision, but I had to do it. And so I did. And here I am, one year later.

In Brussels. Single (still). Nice, cushy and good job. And most important of all. Happy.
Happy happy happy!

Why? Because I have found back to myself. Yahhhh!

It's been the most difficult year of my life and at points I was seriosly wondering how I would manage. Boyfriend broke up with me. 3-month contract. Back in Brussels where I had lived once before, hating it. Godammit. What did I do to deserve that?

But, dear friends, things DO change. Oh yes, they do! And after a while you start realising how inhibiting certain aspects of your life were. Like boyfriends who you love, but who give you wibes that you are not good the way you are and that you need to change some small little things with yourself in order to be good enough. GOD, why didn't I see these signals?

But this year is different and there's no looking back anymore. And this is something I feel so deeply it's difficult to explain.

Now life's treating me so well. I am happy with most things and spend much of my days smiling. I meet genuinely nice people and people who make me laugh. So simple.

Simple. As they say, the beauty is the detail.
Keep things simple, take a step back and have a cup of tea and things will be alriiiigght!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home