CAT'S EYES

This spot is dedicated to the world and how I see it.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

GOOD OR BAD WEATHER?
4 September

Everyone I know thinks that the weather has been really sad and bad this summer in Brussels.
When I say thay I think the summer has been lovely (with the odd rainy day) they wonder where I have been. Brussels?
In my world I am very happy with the summer. Basically I think we have had sun and blue skies all the way since April. Howcome is everyone else so unhappy? I have had countless lunchbreaks in the park, have worn sandals and have been sweating. I've been on the beach and also got a tan.
How can perceptions be so different? Well, I guess it's all socially and culturally (and geographically, for that matter) constructed. My Italian, Portuguese and Greek friends feel that they haven't had any summer at all. Bless. You have far too high weather standards when you are from southern Europe! Not healthy.
It's probably all explained by the fact that I have lived in Scotland - where when the weather presenter says 'sunny spells' is considered to be good weather - for quite a while. I am actually quite looking forward to crisp autumn days now! Finally time for some fresh air and some warming cup of teas after a walk out in the cold...

1 Comments:

Blogger *~*Cece*~* said...

I've enjoyed our CA weather, up until this last week when Los Angeles was over 100 degrees! Where did THAT come from? Don't know. But I'm looking forward to cooler weather, too. Counting the days 'til Autumn...

00:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home