CAT'S EYES

This spot is dedicated to the world and how I see it.

Monday, September 03, 2007

ARE YOU FROM SOUTH AFRICA, OR NOT, MR?
3 September 2007

Today I heard a really weird comment. This man, an IT Consultancy guy, came to fix some computer problems at my office today. He was in a very cheerful mood because he is getting married pretty soon. His hands were full with invitations to everyone in the office (although I didn't really grasp why he would invite everyone in the office to his wedding - he must be responsible for IT in hundreds of offices)...

We asked where he will go on his honeymoon and he said:
- To South Africa, back to our roots.
- Oh, I didn't know you were from South Africa, my colleague said.
- I'm not. But it's where the monkey comes from, so yes, that's were I am from.

What did he try to say? I got a very awkward feeling by the the way he said it and how he laughed. Don't think I'll go to his wedding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home