CAT'S EYES

This spot is dedicated to the world and how I see it.

Saturday, August 04, 2007

NAGGING FRIDAYS
3 August 2007

A nagging feeling creeps upon me on Friday afternoons sometimes.

I have always loved the weekends but when you are single and living abroad, an upcoming weekend can also give me a weird feeling. Wondering what is wrong, it is a feeling that I am almost ashamed I get. For God’s sake it’s weekend and it’s August and I should be counting the minutes for that magic 5 o’clock bang when the doors open for freedom: Ready for BBQs, parties, lazy days on the beach, loads of friends and hanging out drinking frappés and eating massive amounts of ice cream…

But sometimes, life is just not like that. Especially not in August in Brussels when most friends are out of town. And especially not when those friends who are still in town are couples or parents and are planning either romantic get-aways or family wine and cheese get-togethers.

So this weekend I will spend with myself. And I have convinced myself that it’s OK. I don’t mind because I do like my own company. But such a weekend requires planning and nice weather.

They promise 28 degrees and sun this weekend and I am therefore planning to pack my bikini and jump on the train tomorrow and head for Knokke, which allegedly is THE very IN beach resort in Belgium. As for Sunday, I will head for medieval Leuven on a cultural tour. I have to learn more about the complex history of this country! And tonight I’ll go downtown to Palais du Thé and get some lovely Japaneese popcorn tea.

So, all in all, it’s looking good. I’ll report on Sunday eve if my plans went according to schedule. Unexpected things do happen and maybe I will conclude there is no need to get that nagging Friday afternoon feeling.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nadja said...

Hej Cat,

Tack för ditt besök på min blogg, kul att du gillar den. Jag tycker mycket om det mesta, därav min blogg. Kul att du är i Belgien, roligt att få en möjlighet till lite uppdateringar därifrån.

Kram/N

20:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home