CAT'S EYES

This spot is dedicated to the world and how I see it.

Friday, August 17, 2007

GLAMOUR
17 August 2007

What would life be without some everyday glam? I have a friend who even calls herself Glam-Maria, which really underlines the importance she puts on those little extra touches on a normal weekday. Be it slender champagne glases, a delicious tea or her handmade birthday cards, or even her carefully written e-mails...
I don't know which her favourite glossy magazine is, but mine is GLAMOUR. GLAMOUR is the best anti-depressant! When I buy it, my adrenaline starts kicking. And I know guys love it too, but they just read it 'when there is nothing else to read', like in the bathroom. Poor guys. But then they end up quoting articles in conversations, giving away that it's more that just 'have nothing else to read literature'...
Today I went to a great bookstore here in Brussels called Filigranes. My mission was to get the new edition of British GLAMOUR. And there it was. 4.90 Euro. It's one of the cheapest international magazines, but in my opinion, far much better that ELLE or VOGUE or RED. When I was to pay I couldn't find my money - coins that I carefully had counted beforehand in order to get rid of them. So it took me about a minute or more to get them out of my purse and to count them. But then when I had paid, the guy told me it was 4.90 and not 3.90, which was what I had paid. It felt like an eternity until I had got my coins together. And I just knew what he was thinking: Blonde girl buying this magazine on a Friday evening?! What else can you expect?! He even gave me that kind of smile.
Mr, you are SO wrong! Smart girls need a regular dosis of GLAM.

1 Comments:

Blogger *~*Cece*~* said...

I crack up when my husband is headed to the "library" with one of my celeb gossip mags under his arm. Later, over dinner, he'll tell me something like Hey did you know So & So Celeb got married? lol

00:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home