CAT'S EYES

This spot is dedicated to the world and how I see it.

Monday, July 16, 2007

FACEBOOK CONVERSATIONS
16 July 2007

Ok. I did it. I'm in!
From being very anti cyber friendships I signed up. I am now on Facebook.

And it's great. For people like me who never stay in one place and have friends scattered across the globe, Facebook is a fab invention. Facebook encounters actually do leave cyberspace and turn into real encounters: People you met years and years ago, may now live in the city you live in, whithout any of you knowing it. How sad would it be to find out that a good friend of yours - who you unfortunately lost touch with - lives in the same city as you but is just about to move away?
The alternative is really to be pro-active and invite all the people in your addressbook to Facebook - that way you won't miss out! Thanks to Facebook I just had a great dinner with an old university friend of mine who I last met in 2004. But that was just by chance on Praia do Guincho in Portugal. The last time we 'really' met was in the UK in 2000. Quite a long time ago, that is. He now works for NATO's Secretary General and we're both in Brussles. Lovely. O mundo é tão lindo e pequeno...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home