CAT'S EYES

This spot is dedicated to the world and how I see it.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

IKEA COUPLES
10 June 2007

I don't intend to be a cynic, but what can I do? When you are single and go to IKEA, these couples - 'IKEA couples' - turn me into feeling horribly (and maybe healthy?) cynical.

Probably IKEA couples don't reflect over the fact that probably at least 50% of them will sooner or later split up. No-one could claim that I am a negative person, but the fact is that one day they will need to divide all these small or big, cozy or functional things, which they once together bought. C'est la vie.

And all hopes and dreams they had together disappear as quick as the things are up for sale on the local noticeboard, or on some online sale site.

Cruel. But that' the way reality is and yes, they are good business for IKEA. IKEA couples and their breakups.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home