CAT'S EYES

This spot is dedicated to the world and how I see it.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

HIGH PROFILE EUROPEAN WOMEN
24 April

How hard should it be to name one or two women who fulfill the following criteria:

"Very well known and high profile, engaged in European/EU affairs and not too political"

We are looking for a new Chair for a programme in the think thank I am working for and all candidates for the three programmes are men. When trying to find and to nominate one women, we got stuck. Can it really be that bad that we can't even think of a woman who would fit the criteria?

This seems to be a question about generations. I certainly hope that, in the future, when I myself could fulfil the above criteria (in about 20 years), it should not be as difficult as it is for us today to think of someone. I hope there would be an abundance of good female candidates!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home