CAT'S EYES

This spot is dedicated to the world and how I see it.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

GIRLIE ICECREAM FOR YOU, GIRLS?
21 March 2007

Summer, sun and icecream! What a joy! But the introduction of a new icecream on the Swedish icecream market has brought quite teh opposite to joy. This pink, glittery and glammy icecream has upset Swedish women - isn't it enough with all inequalities in society between men and women - do we also need an icecream to re-inforce stereotypes?

In my opinion this icecream has nothing to do with inequalities - let's view it differently: Pink is a happy, harmonic and summery colour. Pink puts me in a good mood. Indeed much of my bed room is pink. Pink is glammy and pink is cool! If I wasn't lactose intolerant I would be more than delighted to eat it...

Now when we are on the path of rebelling and in/equality, may I mention that I think all dairy icecream actually disrespects us lactose intolerant people. When I enter an icecream bar on summer days, dying to cool down with a delicious icecream and they don't have any soya or sorbet alternative, I feel that the world is SO unjust. And this, dear people, upsets me so much more than the existence of the pink and glittery icecream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home